ORG XMIT: From DALLAS REDISCOVERED: The first Temple Emanu-El was built in 1876 at the southwest corner of Field and Commerce streets. Probably designed by James Flanders, its Moorish Revival style was a bit of Victorian exotica. It was demolished in 1906. / From DALLAS REDISCOVERED: The third St. Matthew's Episcopal Cathedral was built on the northeast corner of S. Ervay and Canton streets in 1894-95 by the firm of Sanguinet and Messer. It was demolished in 1937.
HARD COPY LOCATION: DALLAS - TEXAS - BUILDINGS - RELIGIOUS